6/26/13

He Prefers the Name Stormageddon.

A British tenor who played a major role in one of the most popular musicals singing a song from a musical adaptation of a book. That's what's happening here. Alfie Boe is commonly known as, "the people's tenor," and is well known for his rendition of the song Bring Him Home from Les Miserables. You may have seen it at the Memorial Day celebration back in May. When I found out he did a version of one of my favorite songs, I was ecstatic. I literally jumped out of my seat and yelled, "no way!!" Even if you haven't heard of Alfie Boe, I'm positive you've heard of Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. Before you ask, no he didn't do one of the Oompa Loompa songs. He did Pure Imagination. This is probably my favorite version of this song now. Check it out here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8JwDRppXis
Until next time, roll the Mellow Dice and hope for Midnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment