6/27/13

The Song Remains the Same

40 years later and the song still remains the same. I'm referring to the song the "Song Remains the Same." This song was the opening tune off Led Zeppelin's Houses of the Holy. The song does get radio time but I feel like it doesn't get the credit it deserves. Being a guitarist for four years my ears immediately focus on guitar first in a song. When I hear this song I'm amazed every time. Not many songs have finger picking, a strong, complicated rhythm, memorable guitar riffs and 3 great solos. In matter of fact I don't know hardly any songs that have 3 guitar solos. In my eyes this is as perfect as it gets. All general skills you want as a guitarist are in this one song. 40 years old yet it never changes. It doesn't need change. There will never be a better cover because it is inches from perfection. That is why the Song Remains the Same. Listen to it and also notice that its not just the Guitar. The Bass the Drums and the Vocals also are amazing. This is a band in perfect unity; this is Led Zeppelin. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=he6TQsU8d6k

No comments:

Post a Comment