6/19/13

Just After Noon

Well it's just after noon and a song I'm fond of came to mind. It's an old country song called afternoon delight by Starland Vocal Band. The song hit number one in the U.S Charts on July, 10th 1976. It also hit number one in Canada! The song has also been featured in a lot of movies over the years but Will Ferrel's cover of it in Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy is my personal favorite. Listen to the original here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ws0VfqkhFc and the quartet version on Anchorman. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-YZqH0vX_o The band actually got the idea for the title of the song when they saw it on a restaurant menu. Hope all of you have a delightful afternoon.

2 comments:

  1. I write a blog which I have entitled “Accordingtothebook” and I’d like to invite you to follow it.

    I didn’t see a follow widget on this site, but if you put one up...I will gladly follow you publicly as well.
    If you wish, click on “dashboard” or “design” on the top right of your main blog…then click on “layout” on the left side of the page, “add a gadget” on the right side column…that takes you to the "basics" list. On the left of that list is a "more Gadgets" option. Click on that one and scroll down to the one that simply says “FOLLOW"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be sure to follow you!! And thank you for your help with that. I feel like an idiot for not thinking of that before. I'm 60% sure I got the right widget on there. I'm still kinda new to this.

    ReplyDelete