6/30/13

Saying I Hate Jazz is Cliche

We've all heard this before and if you haven't heard it already you will before you die. "I hate Jazz." I don't understand how a person can hate a whole genre of music without hearing all that is in it. I hate most kinds of rap. However, I'm quite fond of metal rap. It's to unique to pass up in my opinion. The only thing wrong about a person hating Jazz is they have to be more specific. You see Jazz is like shrimp. There's a lot of ways to have shrimp; there's also a lot of forms of Jazz. Here's what I mean let me quote Bubba from Forrest Gump. Shrimp is the fruit of the sea. You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it. Dey's uh, shrimp-kabobs, shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There's pineapple shrimp, lemon shrimp, coconut shrimp, pepper shrimp, shrimp soup, shrimp stew, shrimp salad, shrimp and potatoes, shrimp burger, shrimp sandwich. That- that's about it. Now you may hate barbecued shrimp but that doesn't mean you hate shrimp. Now I'm not a huge fan of New Orleans Jazz because it's all horns and brass instruments, but I do enjoy smooth Jazz. So before you down a whole genre of music be a good sport and listen to a wide range of that genre. Anyway I should let the song do the talking. Sinatra is better with words than I am. Hope you enjoy this smooth Jazzy tune it's called "How Insensitive."  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMsTbI1chdI

No comments:

Post a Comment