6/27/13

Love is Such a Strong Word.



I Love Rock n' Roll. I really do, but I'm not talking about myself. I'm talking about the song that was made by the Arrows. If you're a classic rock lover at all you're probably saying something like, "you got that wrong!! That's a Joan Jett song." If you're a hardcore classic rock lover you know that I'm actually right. That is not a Joan Jett original. The Arrows originally recorded that song as a B-side back in 1975 and
became popular enough to move up to an A-side. However, this version never really get very popular. It wasn't till Joan Jett got a hold of it in 1981 that it became world renown. Jett's version of the sing hit #1 on the Billboard Hot 100 for seven straight weeks. It was also voted at #89 in the Rolling Stone's 100 Greatest Guitar Songs. You can check out the original version by the Arrows here:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbKuuqwfZiM

And the Joan Jett version here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFHg0uRAyVs
Until next time, roll the Mellow Dice and hope for Midnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment